Where Is Fenway Park Located?
Fenway park is located at 4 Jersey St, Boston, MA 02215, and has been the home of the Boston Red Sox since 1912. The park is also a popular tourist destination, full of historical significance. The Park is located in the heart of Boston and is easily accessible by public transportation.
How To Get To Fenway Park?
Take the Green Line train to Kenmore station to get to Fenway Park from Boston. From there, it’s a short walk to the ballpark. You can also take the Red Line train to Park Street station and transfer to the Green Line, which will drop you off at Kenmore. If you’re driving, there are several parking options around Fenway Park. There are also a number of bus lines that serve the area.
Where To Park at Fenway?
There are a few different options for parking near Fenway Park. One is to park in a nearby garage or lot. This can be expensive, but it’s usually the most convenient option.
Another option is to find street parking. This can be tricky, but it’s often cheaper than parking in a garage. You can also try using public transportation to get to Fenway Park. This is usually the cheapest and easiest option, but it requires some planning.
What Can I Bring To Fenway Park?
You can bring several things into Fenway Park, but there are also a few restrictions. Here is a list of what you can and cannot bring into the ballpark:
WHAT YOU CAN BRING IN:
- One clear plastic bag no larger than 16″ x 16″ x 8″ OR one gallon-sized clear plastic freezer bag per person.
- Clutch purses/wallets that do not exceed 4.5″ x 6.5″.
- Small cameras, binoculars, and cell phones. Cameras with lenses longer than six inches are not permitted.
- Food in small containers that fit within the one clear bag limit. No bottles or cans are allowed. Sealed water bottles are permitted.
- Blankets and seat cushions that do not have zippers, pockets, or concealed areas.
- Strollers that collapse and fit under a seat.
WHAT YOU CAN NOT BRING IN:
- Weapons of any kind, including pocket knives.
- Large bags or backpacks.
- Any type of chair, including folding, lawn, or umbrellas.
- Luggage, coolers, thermoses, ice chests, or similar containers.
- Selfie sticks or tripods.
- Skateboards, rollerblades, hoverboards, scooters, or bicycles.
- Fireworks or any type of explosive device.
- Animals (except service animals).
- Noisemakers of any kind, including horns, cowbells, and thundersticks.
- Laser pointers.
- Beach balls or other inflatable balls.
- Signs or banners larger than 24″ x 36″. Banners may not be hung over balcony rails, attached to stadium structures, or displayed in a manner that blocks the view of other guests.
- Illegal drugs or substances.
If you have questions about what you can bring to Fenway Park, please call Guest Services at (617) 226-6831.
About The Ballpark
The park first opened in 1912 and has been renovated and updated several times since then. It is the oldest ballpark still in use by an MLB team. The park has a capacity of just over 37,000 people, making it one of MLB’s smallest ballparks. Despite its small size, Fenway Park is packed with history and character.
The most iconic feature of Fenway Park is the Green Monster, a 37-foot high wall in left field that is covered in ivy. The wall is considered one of the most challenging features for outfielders and has been the site of many memorable plays throughout the years.
Fenway Park is also home to the famed Red Sox clubhouse, which is widely considered the best in MLB. The clubhouse features a state-of-the-art weight room, training facilities, and locker rooms. It also has a player’s lounge with several flat-screen TVs, a pool table, and video games.
Do The Red Sox Have a Mascot?
Yes! His name is Wally the Green Monster, and he lives atop Fenway Park’s Green Monster, a 37-foot-high wall in left field. He is known for his big smile and friendly personality and loves interacting with fans at Red Sox games.
Wally first made his debut in 1997 and has been the team’s official mascot ever since. He is one of the most popular mascots in baseball, and his image can be found on various merchandise sold at Red Sox games and online.
If you’re ever at a Red Sox game, say hi to Wally! He’s always ready to give a high-five or take a selfie with a fan.